Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy Rose Bowl Day!

Is it just me, or does Todd McShay sound like he's still a little boy? Corso is funny, he gets it...just heard him say (when talking about that bowl game between ohio state and flordia) "the winner gets 7-6, whoopeee." That's exactly right...many of these bowl games are meaningless and nothing but glorified non conference games, that serve as only a game to pad your record and stats. I'm gonna miss those guys for another year. One bowl game that's not meaningless is the Rose Bowl. I love how the Rose Bowl is always referred to as the "grandaddy" of them all. The pinnacle. The grandest stage. But I thought that's what the national title game was? Anyway...the Rose bowl is special. I realized that in 2010 when I went...you walk in and see the field, and the setting, and it's pretty cool. Big game for the Ducks. Do they have to have it? Maybe not in the long run, but it would sure be one of the greatest moments in Duck history if they could. After all, their last Rose Bowl win came before most of us, if not all of us, were born.

No comments:

Post a Comment